La Familia Bell


Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Reflecting on two years ago.....

Well, we all know time flies. People always said it was different and that time went by faster once you had kids and I never believed it. This past Saturday I realized just how true that statement made by those parents was! We went to Picture People to have his 2-yr portraits taken and I just stood there and watched in amazement as the tiny little baby two years ago was now saying he wanted a "chair" or "the car" and something that was "yellow" (I still don't know what he wanted that was yellow. He was giggling and laughing and running away from the photographer. I just had to smile but at the same time, it made me sad that he's growing so fast right in front of my eyes. It brought back memories of when he was born.

AJ will be TWO years old this coming Sunday the 25th of March. I can still vividly remember March 25th 2 years ago. Actually the 24th was more memorable :) We had to go to labor and delivery because our little man had not moved at all the entire day and I was so worried since he was already 4 days late. Well, of course AJ did not want out that night and about 5 minutes after I got hooked up to the fetal monitor he started doing the "AJ dance" and since I wasn't dilated enough we got sent home. Brian and I went to Pepe's that night for pizza. My contractions started as soon as we got to Pepe's but I was not going back to the hospital. I wanted my Pepe's and ohhh it's making me want pizza right now!!

I barely slept that night and ended up going to the couch because I kept waking up and moving around due to contractions. At 11am the morning of the 25th my doctor's office called to check up on me. I was irritated, tired, in pain and still having very irregular contractions. I was told to go in and of course I didn't want to because I was just exhausted and I just "KNEW" they were going to send me back home. I went in to the doctor's office at 1pm.
I was back home by 2:15, 4cm's dilated and on my way to the hospital. Brian and I were on the road by 2:30 and at the hospital by 3pm. AJ was born under 3 hrs later at 5:56pm on Good Friday March 25th 2005.
AJ 3/25/2005



Of all the wonderful things that have happened in my life the birth of our 1st child is one that still makes me so happy I cry. I vividly remember the look on Brian's face. The immesurable amount of love I saw on his face when he saw AJ. At that moment, that instant, I knew I just knew everything was right, everything was perfect. Our little man had arrived.

AJ on Easter Sunday ready to go home
One of my favorite pictures of Brian & AJ


Almost 2 years later, here is our AJ playing it up for the camera:


HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY AJ!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

The account of AJ coming to the world bring tears to my eyes and the pics. As a mom too (to Joey, a 3 yr old and one on the way) every passing birthday will always be very special, especially when we Mom's had carried and took care of them for 9mths before they entered this world. It's a very special bond indeed that us as moms are truly blessed. Happy early birthday AJ! Well done Millie and Brian!