La Familia Bell


Thursday, May 01, 2008

Interesting Tidbits

Birth Date vs Actual Date
One of the nurses told me yesterday that it's very unusual for a baby to actually be born in his/her due date.  I believe she told me it was around 2%.  A quick Google search says it's no more than 4-5%.  Go Brady!  Andrew was a week late. 
 
Andrew vs Brady
AJ weighed in at 7 lbs, 8 ounces and Brady at 7 lbs, 15 ounces.  Both boys were 21" at birth, but Brady has the edge here too by being a whopping 1/8" longer!
 
Baby Boom!
Indications are that we're in the midst of another small baby boom - at least in Hollywood anyway!  I can believe that - you should have seen the nursery at the hospital!  There were 12-14 babies in there!!  I don't recall quite as many when AJ was born.  Gotta love Wikipedia - they have a chart that shows an upward tick that has been growing since about 1998.
 
Another productive day at work.  Can't wait until vacation next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know...Jordan, Daniel and Chris were all Born on their due dates. We thought that was pretty neat too!!My daughter was 1 week late though.